DJ J RED
2005 WORLD ITF EXPERIMENTAL CHAMPION
After touring the world numerous times, playing DJ sets and battling DJs in cities like London, Los angeles, Japan, and Singapore. Add to that playing alongside such influential artists such as Jurassic 5, Ozomatli, Black keys, Gangstarr, Afrika Bambatta, Black eyed peas, Method man, Redman, Public enemy, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Rahzel, Kool keith, Masta Ace - already you get a sense of how seriously he takes his DJing to new heights. This is just the tip of the iceberg!!
DJ J-RED was introduced to the decks at an extremely early age, busting stylus's and turnatables at the age of 4!!. He started djing parties at the age of 11, playing Funk, Reggae, Rock, Hip-Hop and everything in between. He started Djing at underage events at the age of 13, and moved into overage clubs at the age of 16. He had learnt alot of his mentors about mixing programming and keeping the vibe with different groups of people within the room. At the age of 17 he entered his first DMC battle placing 3rd, little did he know he would be the only Dj with 8 National titles buy the time he had released his first (legal) mix cd - Streets Ahead on Crookneck/Stomp. He also pioneered a Hip-hop Turntablist mix show on KISS 90 FM along with Dj Kuya, Australias first show of its kind. He has appeared on numerous TV shows displaying his skills and spreading knowlege of the artform to all audiences. He has received awards from numerous websites, most recently voted Australias best Urban mix Dj, Turntablist and mix-tape Dj on www.ozhiphop.com - Australias largest online Hip-Hop community! He has received amazing reviews from all over the world in regards to his releases and performances. And last but certainly not least he's the Dj for Melbournes premier Hip-hop crew - LYRICAL COMMISSION - www.unkutrecordings.com . The rep grows bigger...
* 1999 2ND PLACE VICTORIAN TECHNICS / DMC CHAMPIONSHIPS
* 2000 REIGNING BROWN SUGAR CHAMPION
* 2000 2ND PLACE VICTORIAN TECHNICS / DMC CHAMPIONSHIPS
* 2001 VICTORIAN TECHNICS / DMC TEAM CHAMPION
* 2001 VICTORIAN TECHNICS / DMC SOLO CHAMPION
* 2001 2ND PLACE AUSTRALIAN DMC SOLO CHAMPIONSHIPS
* 2001 1ST PLACE AUSTRALIAN TECHNICS / DMC TEAM CHAMPION
* 2001 1ST PLACE AUSTRALIAN / NEW ZELAND VESTAX CHAMPION
* 2001 WORLD TECHNICS / DMC COMPETITOR IN LONDON
* 2001 1ST PLACE VESTAX AUS / NEW ZEALAND CHAMPION
* 2001 WORLD VESTAX COMPETITOR IN HOLLYWOOD
* 2002 2ND PLACE VICTORIAN TECHNICS / DMC CHAMPIONSHIPS
* 2002 1ST PLACE AUSTRALIAN TECHNICS / DMC TEAM CHAMPION
* 5TH PLACE IN THE WORLD TEAM FINAL 2002
* 2003 QUIKSILVER CLUB MIX VICTORIAN CHAMPION
* 2003 VICTORIAN ITF SCRATCHING CHAMPION
* 2003 VICTORIAN ITF ADVANCEMENT CHAMPION
* 2003 VICTORIAN TECHNICS / DMC CHAMPION
* 2003 AUSTRALIAN TECHNICS / DMC TEAM CHAMPION
* 2003 AUSTRALIAN QUIKSILVER CLUB MIX CHAMPION
* 2003 AUSTRALIAN ITF SCRATCHING CHAMPION
* 2003 2ND PLACE AUSTRALIAN ITF ADVANCEMENT·
* 2003 4TH PLACE WORLD TECHNICS / DMC TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH THE DIRTY DUO.
* 2004 AUSTRALIAN TECHNICS / DMC TEAM CHAMPION.
* 2004 WORLD TECHNICS / DMC BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY SCRATCHED ·
* 2004 4th PLACE WORLD TECHNICS / DMC TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH THE DIRTY DUO.
* 2005 AUSTRALIAN ITF ADVANCEMENT CATEGORY CHAMPION
* 2005 AUSTRALIAN ITF TEAM CATEGORY CHAMPION
* 2005 WORLD ITF EXPERIMENTAL CATEGORY CHAMPION